Re: RPM build spec help

Dan Track a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I hope someone can help. Basically I want to access an environment
> variable and place it in my  macro in my spec file.
>
> If I try to define a macro like the following:
>
> %define oracle_home $ORACLE_HOME
>
> and then try to build it "rpmbuild -ba perl-DBD-Oracle"
>
> I get the following error:
> error: line 18: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_'
> or '/': BuildRequires: $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so
>
> On line 18 I have the following:
> BuildRequires: %{oracle_home}/lib/libclntsh.so

BuildRequires are only evaluate at build time, so i don't think this is
really a usefull BR.

Oracle provides several RPM (oracle-xe, oracle-xe-client,
oracle-instantclient, ...) where ORACLE_HOME is not defined and not used.

More, this official RPM doesn't provide anything usefull :
  $ rpm -qp --provides oracle-xe-client-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm
  oracle-xe-client = 10.2.0.1-1.0

So you'll also have to define :
  AutoReq: 0

To avoid creating a RPM which require something not provided by anything

Even more, most Oracle admin doesn't use RPM to install it.

I'm used to add, in my spec :
  %define oraclever 10.2.0.3
  BuildRequires = oracle-instantclient-devel = %{oraclever}

> Any ideas how I can resolve this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Dan

Hopes that help.