Re: raid1 on a sunfire x2100

On 3/3/07, simon butler <smcbutler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi, i've installed FC6 on a sunfire x2100 machine which is advertised as
having on board raid controller, but i don't see the raid configuration
screen when i bring up the machine. has anyone had success with using raid1
with FC6/x2100

I've got a few X2100's running CentOS over here. They use a standard nforce4 chipset which has a driver-based software RAID option (which is recognized by the BIOS so it can boot from the disk array). There's no real RAID controller in there. I suppose Fedora 6 will use dm-raid to make the Linux software RAID driver use the BIOS-created volume.

Klaasjan