Re: We need a new subject- bug fixes

Todd Zullinger wrote:

Sorry, Rahul, I have to disagree with you there.  It is not
trivially easy for normal human beings to change anything in
sendmail.

Setting up sendmail to receive mail from the internet isn't meant for
normal human beings.

You mean unlike trivial things like building a working kernel, or configuring ssh securely, or getting cups to print, or installing a DNS server?

It's something that competent system
administrators do and for those people it is trivial.

Those other things I mentioned are also trivial for the few dozen people that do them all the time. The rest of us don't have to deal with it because it works as distributed.

> The only thing
simpler is noting that sendmail's configuration is utterly confusing
while perusing the documentation and then switching to postfix or some
other MTA.  But I digress...

That wouldn't be necessary if the distribution supplied a way to activate a working configuration as it does for other services.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx