Re: file recovery program?

Dave Stevens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been given a Ubuntu disk that has had some files erased. Immediately after
> erasing them the drive was pulled and stored. I propose to mount it under FC6
> and try to recover files. I have the file names. Any pointers? programs? reading?
>
> Dave

It would help to know the file system used. Midnight Commander can
undelete files from an ext2 file system. (Note, and ext3 file system
can be mounted as an ext2 file system.) You will probably have to
ether run it as root, and change permissions on the device files for
the drive so a user can do read/write access.

Mikkel