Re: Digital display with NVidia card?

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
I have an NVidia FX 5500 and just scrounged up a Samsung SyncMaster 930B LCD monitor. I thought I'd try using the digital output of the card, but I'm having some issues:

(1) The VCs don't display during startup.

(2) The X server comes up displaying 800x600. I don't seem to be able to change it using system-confog-display. I can select 1280x1024, but when I log out, I get a message on the display about non-optimal mode and when the X server starts, it's in 800x600 again.

The bahavior is the same whether I use the nv driver or the binary nividia driver.

How can I solve these issues?  Or am I stuck with analog mode?

I don't know what a "VC" is in 1.

However, it may be helpful to post your Xorg.0.log.

--
We don't know one millionth of one percent about anything.