Re: Beryl update broke my Beryl :)

alan wrote:
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Kevin B wrote:

alan wrote:
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Kevin B wrote:

Hi

I have Beryl [from Extras] running on FC6 with latest Nvidia drivers from Nvidia.com.
Yesterday yum reported new packages including Beryl, Beryl-Manager etc
so I updated them. Now on login, Gnome starts to load the desktop and Beryl -Manager launches and kills X and puts me back to GDM logon. I renamed my .gnome2 and .beryl?? folders and now I can get back into Gnome. Manually running Beryl-Manager from the Gnome
session kicks me out again.  Logs don't show anything relevent.
Any help is appreciated.

When I run it from the command line, it dumps out a bunch of info on features that my card supports and various options and then segfaults. Strace shows it happening somewhere during its obtaining of configuration information. I tried removing the .beryl* config files in the home directory (in case it was an old config) and it had no effect.

Hi
So I understand this as saying you have the same problem after updating?

Yes. It used to work quite well before the update. Now it just segfaults no matter what settings I use for Beryl.

Hello,

I had some time to work on this today and I fixed it by running the NVidia driver installer again and letting it config my xorg.conf.
Now it works again.  I'm using the latest driver from NVidia.com.

Can you test that and let me know if that helped you too?

Kevin