Re: MMS streams

On 02/03/07, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again. I've been googling again. I'm a bit stuck for live video streams as
I'm on dialup, but a link I found on google suggests using "mmsrip", which is
available from freshrpms. For FC6 (zod) see.
http://zod.freshrpms.net

If you read french the link I found on Google is.

http://www.llaumgui.com/post/Telecharger-un-stream-MMS-Microsoft-Media-Service

This is basically saying that the mms protocol doesn't allow you to download
some videos using the wget command. To download these streams it is necessary
to use the mms ripper utility, which you can get from freshrpms.

Just another suggestion, if it's any help.

I'm still Googling this problem. My french is nowhere near perfect, and
Firefox insists on connecting me to Google.fr which doesn't help.

All the best.

Nigel.

Thanks. Actually downloading the files is not what I need. The nice
thing about MMS is that the stream can be fast forwarded and rewinded
as if it were local. One can even play it at double or half speed (or
anything in between) as if it were a local file. As the lectures are
over 1 GB in size, I'd rather watch them streaming than download them
in their entirety.

Thank for the tip, though.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/41/402/pink_floyd/tonite_let_s_all_make_love_in_london.html