Re: Encrypt parts of drive?

Tim:
>> I imagine you'd also want to change how you use /tmp, as well.
>> Perhaps using tmpfs (which'll use RAM instead of disc space).

Todd Zullinger:
> Good point.  (In theory you could also set TMPDIR to somewhere that's
> secured, but then you'd get burned by any apps that are hardwired to
> use /tmp.  So tmpfs is a better option.)

Though that has it's own problems.  I notice that Nautilus wants to
use /tmp to create disc burning image files, you'd have to wade through
gconf to point that elsewhere, unless you had enough RAM to do that
off-disc.  I don't know about other programs that make large temporary
files.

There's also a /var/tmp/ directory, but I've not seen anything make use
of it.  Though, again, you could mount it using tmpfs.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.