Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Dotan Cohen wrote:

I want to remake the point that I'm not argueing for my own good: I
use and love Fedora. I'm simply stating that requiring 5 disks to
install is a turnoff for those not familiar with Fedora or Linux. No
amount of arguing will change that fact. And there is no need to
convice me that 5 disks is fine: I'm voicing the opinion of those whom
I've installed for, not my own opinion.

1) You do not need 5 CD's. A default package selection only requires 2 CD's.

2) Fedora 7 Test versions already provide single Live CD's with the ability to install to hard disk. The general release would have it too

3) Single CD's are not useful for the folks with limited bandwidth connnections. They can download alternative spins like the "Prime" and "Everything" versions.

4) Instead of arguing for what is right, participate and help do it. If you are right, folks will use it. Look at tools like Pungi and Pilgrim for customizations.

Rahul