Authenticate `su -` through PAM and SSH Agent

I'd appreciate it if anybody would tell me if there is a way to use PAM to authenticate a user when using `su -`. After reading about ssh agent a while ago, I've had this idea that it'd be a perfect way to add another layer of security around my server. Currently I use ssh keys to log in remotely as my user. In my mind, using ssh agent instead of passwords would be the next logical step.

I'm not very familiar with ssh agent and rsa authentication methods though. I've got a rough idea of what I'm looking for, but one of you may be able to direct to me why my plan isn't safe/wouldn't work. This is what I've been thinking:

I currently have my ssh key for my user allowing me to login to my server (encrypted with a password of course). I enable ssh agent forwarding in PuTTY or ssh (depending on whether I'm in Windows or FC6 at the time). I'd then issue a `su -` at the prompt and it'd authenticate against the ssh agent I have running locally, and if I didn't have it running, I'd be denied access.

Thanks for any suggestions or help,
Justin W