Re: fedora not able to boot

ismail bushra writes:

Hi, by mistake I make changes in /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth0, I remove the IP address and the system was reboot, when its come back to boot and starting its hang, I wait much time but still not able to boot, how I can solve this issue please

When the grub prompt comes up at boot, press 'E' quickly. If your grub configuration hides the main menu, press 'Enter' first, to open the grub menu, then press 'E' to edit the boot entry.

Move the cursor down to highlight the "kernel" line, then press 'E' to edit the kernel boot line. Move the cursor to the very end of the kernel boot line, append a space character, then the number 1. Your kernel boot line should now read something like:

kernel /vmlinuz-… root=/dev/hda1 rhgb 1

Your actual kernel boot parameters may differ, slightly. Anyway, press Enter to save the modified kernel boot parameters, then press "B" to boot.

Linux will now boot into run level 1, and throw you into a root shell.

Fix your ifcfg-eth0, then exit from the root shell, and Linux will reboot automatically.