Re: File Permissions

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 18:40 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I don't chown anything. Apache is in the group "user" (which is the
name of my user).

So you're logging in as the apache user?

I think that means there is a user named user, which in the RH/fedora scheme of one group per user would also be in group user and the default 0022 umask will make everything r/w by group as well as user. So, if you give the home directory group rwx permissions (or at least x to access the contents), and add other users to the individual's group, everyone in the group now has full access to the files. This scheme will work to give apache access to the public_html directory but may be overkill. You may not want apache to have write access unless you are running web applications that need to store data there.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx