Re: Charset config of apache 2.x

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 23:45 +0800, edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just change the config of apache 2.x :
> # AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> AddDefaultCharset Big5
>
> But the result of display ( IE ) still utf-8...
> So, how to fix the problem ?

Just to be sure that isn't an MSIE stupidity, try the same thing with
lynx.  e.g. lynx --head http://www.example.com/your-test-page
(replacing that fake URI with one from your testing server).  You'll get
a page back with the headers that the server actually sent.

Here's one I just tried, and it didn't return any charset information
(as part of the Content-Type header).  Very naughty of it.  My web
browser will presume that it's probably iso-8859-1, but that's a
user-setting.

$ lynx --head http://www.google.com.au/

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Cache-Control: private
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:11:36 GMT
Connection: Keep-Alive

And here's another example, this time it told me to expect iso-8859-1:

$ lynx --head http://www.optus.com.au/

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Set-Cookie: LBPRDPROXYEXT=346628f8346628f4baeebad6; path=/