Re: [Fedora] Sendmail's 2GiB limit?

Chris Mohler wrote:
If I follow this discussion:
http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xxxxxxxxxx/msg06223.html

you may be able to recompile sysklogd and have it pass the 2g limit.
It might be easier to move the rotation frequency back to one week,
and then glom the rotated files together once a month via cron.
That was easier said than done. Once I recompiled sysklogd and installed the new binary, restarted and all that jazz, when I tried to start sendmail back up (with the >2 GiB file in place) I got this:

   > service sendmail start
   Starting sendmail: 451 4.0.0 cannot open /var/log/sm-mta: File too large

   If I'm not mistaken, those error codes are sendmail's.  *sigh*

Now I have to write another script just to work in conjunction with logrotate and rotate twice a month. At the end of the month, take both files and cat them together and then zip it up. This is just stupid in my opinion.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130