Re: Survey question re sourceforge & cvs

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Craig White wrote:

>>> Works fine for me.

>>> I would point the finger at verizoff.
>>
>>----
>>please don't encourage him.
>
>FWIW, traceroutes to sourceforge are delayed many seconds at the
>clarksburg vz hub, 30 miles from here.  Google completes the same in
>100ms.
>
>>You undoubtedly need to check with the packagers for the proper access
>>via cvs commands since each setup is different.
>>
>>Craig

Also in the FWIW dept., Craig, I was using their commands, pasted directly
from the web server at <http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=174026>

But generally speaking, I think your bias re old farts is showing. :-)

I just spent an hour on the phone to tech support, with the end result
being an open trouble ticket.  We see how the cookie crumbles tomorrow
when there's a slim chance somebody who knows what a unix port number is
MIGHT be available to argue.  This person told me they aren't blocking
any ports.  Yeah, sure, it's right in the TOS that port 80 is blocked.

Too damned bad the left hand and the right hand aren't attached to the
same body...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)