Re: Who edits my ifcfg-eth0 ?

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 09:08 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Tim wrote:
>
> > Timothy Murphy:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Thinking more about the original poster's question, I'm wondering if
> > they have kudzu running each bootup, and whether it does it.
>
> That was my suspicion, although I don't recall it ever changing anything
> in my installation.  On the other hand, my devices were all properly
> detected, so I haven't modified the files myself either.
>
> There's an issue about the order in which devices are detected on bootup
> (hence what names the interfaces get) that is fixed by using the latest
> initscripts update.
>
> But before we diagnose the problem, we need to know exactly what fields
> are being reset.

Matt,

Didn't you tell us a few months ago about a bug/feature where the NIC
wasn't properly detected during installation, and because the HWADDR did
not get added correctly, kudzu might be coming up with "re-creating" the
interface?

You mention having the latest initscripts, but perhaps if he is
installing original FC6 versus the Unity respin?

Or perhaps the OP's "editing" (wasn't it in a kickstart) is eradicating
something?

Anyway, just tossing some things in to the mix....

--Rob