bittorrent mystery

I wanted to download the latest FC6 respin CDs. I went to the web
location and found the correct bittorrent and clicked to download it.
The bittorrent GUI opened and the download started. Now I was connected
to a system with an Internet speed of 45 Mb/s but the GUI said the
download would take 15 hours. Well the respin has 5 CDs. I have a
downloaded a single 600+ Meg CD in less than an hour (actually I think
it was much less). So I can't understand why the bittorrent download
should take 15 hours.

I have done this before but it has been a long time ago. I must be doing
something wrong but what? Any ideas?
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>