Re: clamav-0.90

jdow wrote:
> From: "Denis Leroy" <denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>As I said, not on this list :-) Please file a bugzilla ticket
>>against clamav. This is related to the way clamav is packaged, so it
>>belongs there.
>
> Denis, that should not be required, period.

What shouldn't be required, users filing bugs?

> ClamAV is out of date. It has a denial of service vulnerability for
> the version RedHat supplies. 0.90 is what is suggested by the ClamAV
> people for use. You should get CERT advisories, fellas. Amd you
> should act on them.

It appears to me that 0.90 has only been out since the 14th of this
month.  If an update isn't in the pipeline already, then it would be
quite kind if one of the many users of the package prodded the
volunteer maintainer to update it (and perhaps even help in that
process).

Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a
single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
    -- Ambrose Bierce