Re: How I "turn-on" e-mail?

Bob Sinbuzz wrote:
Yes,

This works good; port 25 is now open on my box.

Now, I'm stumped by another obstacle.

When I send e-mail to the host,
it bounces:

PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1
<root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<dbikle@xxxxxxxxx>>...
Relaying denied

This smells like another configuration issue in my sendmail.mc

I'm not sure what to change though.

How do I relay e-mail to my host?

It should accept mail from anywhere to your own addresses (your hostname or any other names you add to /etc/mail/local-hostnames. If you want other machines to be able to send mail that is accepted and relayed on to some other destination, add the permitted network range(s) to /etc/mail/access with RELAY and restart sendmail.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx