Re: Kaffiene question re audio

On Monday 19 February 2007 1:34:24 am Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 18 February 2007, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> >rtsp://srv1.mel.apstream.net/encoder/rrrlive.rm
>
> Apparently is an un-supported protocol here, I have yum doing a
> whatprovides on it now.  It came back that vlc wasn't there, and I had to
> nuke the livna and put in the atprms version, but that didn't fix the
> missing file association in FF.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean here, but the only way your going to get rm
working is to use xine-1.1.2, as myself and some others have found.
There has not been much, if any response from the xine devs as yet, I'll
perhaps check the xine-devel list later,

> But while that did fix some of the missing tabs in xine now, it didn't fix
> FF.  I have the protocols list on screen now, what do I *add* to bring
> this to life?

I guess you mean to play streams within FF? you need the kaffeine-mozilla
plugin, which I believe is not in the Repo's yet,
Its just a matter of builiding it and dropping the kaffeineplugin.so into your
HOME.mozilla/plugins or however you have yours setup.

http://kaffeine.sourceforge.net/

Ric mentioned RealPlayer or Helix, but personally its worth the effort to
avoid those imo :)

HTH

Colin
--