Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [sudo-users] Config sudo for installation]]]

edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just want to install a FTP Server ( package )...
> BUT there is some error message :
>
> [svradmin@svr1 proftpd-1.3.0a]$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/proftpd
> ./configure: line 88: conf4161.sh: Permission denied
> ./configure: line 89: conf4161.sh: Permission denied
> chmod: cannot access `conf4161.sh': No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 201: conf4161.file: Permission denied
> ./configure: line 1266: config.log: Permission denied
> [svradmin@svr1 proftpd-1.3.0a]$

It looks like there is something wrong with source you are working
with. But if you want to install ProFTP, why not install the proftp
RPM from extras? You can run, as root, "yum install proftp". You
will need to configure it after you install it, just like you would
if you installed it from source, but after it is configured, you can
use the service command to start and stop it, and chkconfig to
control if it starts on boot. (Or the GUI tools that do the same thing.)

Mikkel