Re: /etc/sysconfig/kernel

On 2/18/07, Colin Charles <byte@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, I wouldn't run Xen without PAE enabled. Even the Debian folk have
stopped packaging it that way. It looks like Xen won't be running on
that kind of machines any longer

I new to this Xen thing. Since I have Fedora installed, and I had a
bunch of openSUSE 10.2 CDs around, I installed openSUSE 10.2 to
another partition and tried to boot that through Xen. That didn't
work. Ran into some errors and then I figured that openSUSE 10.2's Xen
kernel is PAE disabled and that's why it doesn't run on Fedora/ Xen.
Hence all this effort. :)

I'm giving up on Xen though. Maybe its me, but I find their lists not
as active as Fedora etc. You don't get much help on the questions you
ask ... and its a bother and waste of time trying to somehow figure
things and get them working. And I don't find the Xen log files very
informative either for troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Rakhesh