Re: network printing

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Does anyone know how to set up a network printer. we have a network printer
> here, that can be accessed only using kerberos tickets. I know how to issue
> them, and am successful with that. However, I was wondering if there is a way
> to print to the printer.
>
> Many thanks in advance and best wishes,
> trotter

If it uses Internet Printing Protocol (IPP), then I suspect that
using one of the encryptions options would do the trick, but I have
never set that part up. I print to 2 network printers here - one
with a built-in IPP printserver (as well as a couple of other
protocols) and one that uses an external lpd print server. You may find:

http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/network.html

a good starting place.

Mikkel