Re: Kaffiene question re audio

On Sunday 18 February 2007 10:29:12 pm Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 13:08 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Trying to play a .wmv here, using kaffiene, video is great, no audio.
> > In wandering around in the kaffiene menu's, I cannot find a place where
> > one can assign an audio output path arbitrarily, it has 'auto' and blank
> > for the options.
> >
> > I am also getting a 'can't bind info socket' from the dvb client. Render
> > engine in use is kaffiene-xine, and apparently cannot be changed because
> > of the above error.
> >
> > Does this tickle anyones memory?
>
> God yes, Gene. This one is a certified bitch. From what I have been able
> to do, which has had me hopping for well over a month, is to remove all
> ffmpeg, gstreamer-ffmpeg livna rpms and the libavcodecs. Then I went to
> freshrpms manually dnloading the  ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.8.20070109.fc6.i386.rpm
> and the devel and libpostproc rpms too. The separate libavcodec rpm
> conflicts with either the devel or libpostproc, I ferget. I also removed
> all xine rpms  and re-installed the 1.1.4-1 series from Freshrpms. THEN
> I got sound back. Finally.

Sort of following up on this interesting thread, has anyone had problems
with "real" streams with kaffeine/xine combo??
This has been discussed on the xine-users list and there seems to be a problem
with xine/ffmpeg with Xine-1.1.3 onwards and results with no audio with real
streams.
Running xine in verbose mode throw this up:
"[cook @ 0xb726a474]Necessary extradata missing!"

An example URL with a fully updated system, livna, extras and "xine-non-free"
stuff installed:

rtsp://srv1.mel.apstream.net/encoder/rrrlive.rm

Results in silence here,

In the end I have had to remove xine-1.1.4 plus the extras, non-free etc and I
rebuilt a xine-1.1.2 rpm now all is well. Sadly I have not had the time to
look into this further :(

Cheers

Colin
--