Re: Upgrading kernel error

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Przemyslaw Gawronski writes:

Hi, I've just installed FC6. Naturally the first thing I would like to
do is to upgrade the system. So after running 'yum update' the new
kernel is installed (kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6.i686). After rebooting I
get this error message:

JMB363: dma_base is invalid

but with the kernel from install CD (kernel-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.i686) the
system works just fine!

Any suggestions?

File a report in bugzilla. Include the output of dmesg when booting the 2.6.18 kernel. Include the output of the lspci and dmidecode commands.

I have trouble booting with the latest kernel also. This is the first released kernel that did not boot for me since the computer was setup several years ago.

I'll try to get a serial port output Monday if installing the kernel after removal and re-installation still bombs.

The last kernel before this version booted up fine.

Jim

--
A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well
as afterward.