Re: Wild Mouse

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 16:53 -0800, John Wendel wrote:
> It uses a USB to PS/2 adapter (you know, the little green blocky
> thing). This old computer only has 2 USB 1.0 ports, and I'm using
> them.
>
> Actually, it seems to work fine when used on a sheet of white paper.

I've found a number of mice that do need something specific for them to
work on, not all of them the same thing.  If you've found white paper
works with yours, then it may well be that the problem is only down to
it having problems scanning what's under it.  Which is probably the case
if the mouse just ran wildly around.  But if mouse button presses were
also randomnly triggered off, I'd say the problem is elsewhere.  If it
crops up again, temporarily try using the USB mouse in a USB port, and
see if it behaves the same.