Re: cron

My complaint is that it is arbitrary and inconsistent.

Let me think for a moment.......

Most of those on this list are humans. Humans are, by nature, arbitrary and inconsistent, as well as illogical at times. What else would explain why someone close to me will not eat the skin of a potato but has no problem eating a carrot that has not been peeled? I could tell you her "reason" but I suspect most would find it arbitrary and illogical. And, it has nothing to do with taste.

So, who designed computers? Who writes software? Humans. I asked my cats about it and they just scoffed and indicated that as long as I provided them clean water, good food, and kept the litter box neat they are happy.

So, humans write software and by nature are inconsistent.

However, humans can, if they want, adapt. Humans can deal with the arbitrary and inconsistencies of life. Some decide not to. For them it seems better to complain about the state of affairs. They take no action, other than words, to change what they see as arbitrary and inconsistent.

All I can say is, if one doesn't like what is given to them (and linux is given) then insert oneself into the development stream and tidy things up.