Re: Help: serious VMware/XP problem under FC6

Claude Jones wrote:
On Wed February 14 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
Q.  How much memory does your FC6 have and how much memory did you assign
to your virtual machine.

Yes - the first question
Also - I have two XP VM's - one is 5 GB and is just a basic XP/Office 2003 with a few extras; the second is a 12GB and has tons of video editing software and graphics packages and stuff like Dreamweaver running on it - guess which one is faster, and very noticeably so. Both these are running on a desktop with 1 GB of ram and a Dual-Core

OK, now we seem to be mixing things up. I believe your question is about running an XP Guest OS on a Dell Precision M70 laptop running FC6 as the Host OS. So, I would forget about the "desktop" you mention.

I am asking about "memory" (RAM) as opposed to the virtual disk size.

How much RAM does you laptop have?

How much RAM did you assign for your XP Guest to use?

Ed

--
Old age is the most unexpected of things that can happen to a man.
		-- Trotsky