Re: FC6 Kernel updates

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 14:03 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> I retype part of one of my messages (late January)
>
> On one of my system when I run un upgrade (by Yumex), old kernel is not
> deleted (on the other systems I have only two kernels).
> Where is the switch to fix the number of available kernels on my system???
>
> I added tokeep = 2 in installonyn.conf but no result.

I do not know the answer to your question.  I ask out of curiosity.

Were you modifying /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf  ?
In this file, is "enabled=1" ?

While searching the Internet, "installonlyn.conf", I found complaints
about tokeep not working in Rawhide (but that was a while ago and I
assume it got fixed a while ago).

Have you checked bugzilla?
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora
+Core&version=fc6&component=yum&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=
I did not spot a bug that specifically addressed the problem of kernels
not being deleted.

When I do a kernel update, only the last two kernels are kept for me.
I do a yum update when I see a security update or once a week,
whichever time is less, so my system has the latest FC6 updates.

Disclaimer: I have not tried changing these defaults.
I have no connection with the people who maintain
yum or installonlyn.conf