Re: a humble request

oleksandr korneta wrote:

the main advantage was that even if you turn off the automatic mounting of removable media the mounting points were created in the /media right after your SD_card/USB_stick/UMS_flashplayer was inserted. So I was able to open a terminal (using a predefined hotkey), mount the media, copy stuff, and unmount the media without touching the mouse. Now I feel like handicap, because Nautilus is made for people with only one finger glued to the mouse, and I don't know any other to mount/unmount the media...

You can still do this, but you now need to use gnome-mount rather than mount. Don't be fooled by 'gnome' in the name, this is a command line application which allows the mounting and unmounting of removable media in the same way as they would have been automounted interactively within gnome.

It's a bit of a pain getting used to the fact that this has changed, but it's no harder than the old way once you've got used to it.

TTFN

Simon.