Re: How to SMTP (Email) Server Fedora 6?

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Yes, but then you can't run all the nifty things available only for
> the sendmail milter interface that run in realtime during the smtp
> conversation for virus/spam scanning, etc. without starting an
> instance for each message and can run under different user id's for
> security.

These days, Postfix supports the sendmail milter interface. It always
has run under different user IDs for security. And it has long had its
own ways of tying in antivirus and spam scanning.

I understand that Exim is even more configurable (although I don't
believe it supports milters).

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The succeeding player has to miss a turn. As no-one's
aprilcottage.co.uk | succeeded, we'll carry on.