Re: Problem installing Fedora

Hi Tod, and thanks for the answer, I was hopping someone had a simpler one
but I will do what you said.

Orlando

On 2/12/07, Tod Merley <todbot88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Orlando!

I cannot answer this but may be able to point you in a direction which will.

When linux boots the bootloader (first sector) loads a "second stage
(sometimes stage 1.5) which contains enough information to talk with
the disk system.  Probably this part goes ok (you do need to consider
that when you do load linux on the hard drive you will either need to
use it's supplied GRUB bootloader and point it to your XP installation
or use the XP bootloader and point it to linux - definitely spend some
time googling "Linux XP dual boot").

It then loads an small Kernel and associated RAM disk image into
memory and pivots control to there.  In order for this to work the RAM
disk image must have the drivers for your raid system included.
Google "linux RAM disk image driver" possible with the specifics of
your hardware and you may well get to where you need to be.

Good Hunting!

Tod