Re: Installing VNC

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What VNC clients would the Fedora list recommend? I find the default
"krdc" program is extremely slow, almost unusable. I searched in yum
and found xwnc, and installed it, but it will not run. I'd like to
know what other FC users use, especially on KDE.

Thanks.
I've been pretty happy with the standard client:

vnc-4.1.2-9.fc6

I use it with the standard server:

vnc-server-4.1.2-9.fc6

I was using both for remote access across by not very broadband connection (~500kbs point-to-point wireless) and just changed the color depth to something more reasonable (e.g., to 8 bit depth from 24 bit). You wouldn't want to run a fps game that way but it was quite sufficient for remote administration. LAN access is almost indistinguishable from being on the console but its a gigabit LAN.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce