Re: Livna repo broken?

Peter Gückel wrote:

I just wish they would put all of the extras-nonfree into a single package, instead of us having to download one for each and every program that uses non-free codecs.

That's either impossible or inefficient. There are two issues here - Multiple multimedia frameworks or engines like xine and gstreamer. If I dont use xine, I wouldnt want a package to require it as a dependency just so as to satisfy my requirements for a gstreamer plugin. Also there are multiple programs. I dont want to install Amarok plugins if I dont use Amarok either. So a split makes sense for granularity.

Rahul