Re: Pause a script

Mircea Hutanu wrote:
On 2/6/07, Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been trying for a bit to do something like this in cron:

<script1><pause for 60 second>;<script2>

Why don't you try to put the scripts into one single main script and
put that main script into cron, for example.

#!/bin/bash
/path/to/script1
sleep 60s
/path/to/script2

Hope this helps you.

I'm not sure this will help.  Here's the situation:

script1 - checks for the existence of test.pid
script2 - the job that actually will create the pid

So if I do what you've suggested above, script1 will run and fail (I'll get an email saying the PID didn't exist) then 60 seconds later script2 will run and create the pid. Is that not how the sleep command works?

I may end up having to rewrite script1 to continually test for the existence of the pid, but I was hoping not to have to at the moment since time is at a premium.

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator