Re: FC7 Test1, No KDE!!

--- jim tate <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Charles Curley wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:43:42AM -0500, jim tate
> wrote:
> >
> >> Out of curiosty I installed FC7 test 1 and
> noticed that Gnome was the
> >> only Desktop available, where's KDE ??
> >> I assume this a test version and it will change
> later, Here's hoping.
> >> NO KDE, NO Fedora on my PC.
> >>

> > Discussion of FC7 is on the Fedora Test List until
> FC7 is released. As
> > it happens there was some discussion of KDE there
> recently.
> >

> I tryed to google it and can't find any answers
> there.
> I new it was a matter of time before Fedora would
> drop KDE.
>
> Jim
>
> --

Fedora has not dropped out KDE, they are just having
trouble with building KDE 3.5.6 as there are many
dependencies that causing problems.  (see the
buildsys@xxxxxxxxxx messages from fedora-test-list).
Hopefully on F7 Test 2, KDE will be back along with
gcc and other missing utilities that were not included
in F7 Desktop Respin Test 1 release.

Regards,

Antonio

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.