Re: The Case of the Missing Characters

On February 2, 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
> I've got seven different addresses I manage, and my system is convoluted,
> but works well for my situation. I can check my mail from any of many
> machines I might be working at during the day. During those checks, the
> messages are downloaded but not deleted from the servers. Late in the
> night, I have one archival machine that downloads from all the accounts and
> deletes the messages from the servers at that point. I have a central
> archive that way, but, can always get my mail from anywhere during the day.
> Some day, I'll have to get around to setting up imap, but, it's not on my
> high priority list because what I've got is working well.

Sounds very efficient... but complicated! :-) I'm glad I just have to deal
with the one computer and the coupel of addresses I have. Really wanted to
get even less addresses, but msn and yahoo , and even google, more or less
force you to have one, so there's 3 plus the main isp one. I prefer to use
the isp email. It does mean I am somewhat hostage to them, however, because
the thought of trying a different provider gives me shivers, changing all of
those addresses to people and companies and services. Yikes! I like my isp
because they seem reliable and seem to have very good spam protection
(spamassassin hardly has to do anything).

--
kwhiskers{