Re: cron problem

Javier Perez <pepebuho <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Oftentimes, Cron is used to setup communication with other servers to update
Clamav or Spamassassin, maybe to run Yum check-update.
> The issue is that if everybody is hitting the servers on the hour, we have
instataneous hourly DOS attacks on those servers.
> The random delay prevents this by randomizing the access time while
guaranteeing that within the next XX minutes you will run the update

So someone else has to decide when I have to do my work? I will remove this
nonesense script. I have a lot of servers, and they do not (for example)
yumupdate nothing if I don't want to, and they yumupdate when I want them to. I
am clever enough to put things in the right place.

Let Ms. Marcela decide what is good for you...  I will rename the script to
0000000000-Marcela.Maslanova.is.clever.than.me and will put a ver big "exit" on
the first line. :P