Video conferencing

When I travel on business, I like to set up video chat to talk to my
family at home.  The problem is, home is behind a NAT firewall (a PIX to
be exact).  I have limited IP addresses and cannot spare one to
statically assign to an endpoint inside my network for this purpose.
Regardless, I'd like to be able to connect to any node in my network,
depending on who I want to call.  I never know what I'm going to be
behind, but it's usually also some sort of NAT firewall that I do not
control.  I've tried ekiga (nee Gnome Meeting), and a few others with
almost no luck.  I thought something like skype (which doesn't support
video under linux) or an instant messenger that uses an intermediary
server (Yahoo, ICQ, etc.) to get around the NAT issues but none of those
support video either.  I've tried VPN to my PIX, but as I can't control
where I'm coming from, I haven't been able to configure a reliable VPN
client for linux.

In short, when trying to video conference under linux, I'm successful
around 5% of the time.  It's almost always easier to boot into Windows
and do it from there.  What do you use for mobile video chat and how
have you set it up?