Webcams again

In the thread "webcam support/hardware compatibility list" Riick Sewell wrote

The person at http://mxhaard.free.fr/ was very helpful in getting the
webcam to sort of work.  Unfortunately, my knowledge of webcams and
color was so limited I could only help him to a point, and he had to
wait for more knowledgeable people to get this webcam to get the colors
even close to being correct.

Rick, can you give us some idea of what you had to do?  It may give us a clue
for troubleshooting our own colour problems.

Anne