Re: where did server settings go in FC6? <OT>

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 21:27 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Wed January 31 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> > Thank you! I knew I was not nuts, not completely.
>
> yeah, you are ;-)
>
> > It was there, then it
> > was gone, for me. It will be interesting if after updates it disappears
> > on you too. Not that it's anything major, just an interesting
> > happenstance.
>
> The OP asked about: "...missing in FC6 that I don't have Server Settings in
> the gnome menu (System -> Administration -> Server Settings)"
>
> But then, you asked about: "....I know exactly what you are referring to, but
> I cannot find it either. It had all of those services and a bunch more to
> configure in one gui."
>
> Which is when Rahul and I brought up the system-config-control program that
> packages many different configuration packages into one tabbed GUI window...
>
> And you replied: "Thank you Rahul and thank you Claude.
> <sobs uncontrollably> I said I wasn't crazy! Not completely!
> Oh yeah, "WOOT! Der it is! WOOT! Der it is!"
>
> But now you're saying Aaron's response is: (see top quote)
>
> Now, is it a separate GUI window you're looking for, or the Server Settings
> item that appears in both Gnome and KDE menus? By the way, on my KDE box, the
> menu item is still there, and I'm fully patched up to date.
>
> Comeon you coot, which is it - you sure you're not a cajun from Louisiana ;-)
>
> Of course, the irony here is that Aaron correctly answered the original
> posters question - many of the rest of us got diverted by someone...
Now I'M confused! <cackles> But that wasn't hard to do was it? I know I
had that app, and got it back only when Rahul gave the link to it to
dnload back into my system. At that point, upon opening it I cried
"Woot! Der it is!" You had to be here.

Nope no cajun in me. They're meaner than snakes towards Texans and
vehicles sporting Texas tags.. I had to go to Tibbydoh or
howeverinthehell they spell it, from New Orleans. Thought I was getting
lost, stopped at a gas station where some old coot told me to back back
the way I came, that I missed the turnoff. I wound up going almost back
into New Orleans when I saw the Huey Long bridge. Turned back around,
headed back east and when I passed that Gas Station the Old Coot was
slapping his knees, hoping around, waving and giving me the finger. Old
Bastid. I hope he sprained his hernia. Besides, I eat Miracle Whip, the
definitive sandwich spread of a proper Texan. They eat Mayonnaise in
Louisiana and suck the brains out of crawfish. I mean, damn! That whole
push is infected with MadCraw disease. I do have ta give them credit for
the Oyster Loaf though, while they don't know crabcakes from nothing
putting green pepper in 'em. <shudders> Or BBQ. :)

I >DID< add <OT> to the Subject line. :P Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net