Re: Inconsistent behaviour of menus

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 12:20 +0100, Alexander Volovics wrote:
Anyway the point might become moot with Gnome-2.18 as the system
of cascading menus is probably going to be replaced with a 'control
center' (a la Window's 'control panel') and this might change the
behaviour of the menus.

Oh bloody hell!  Must we copy every bad idea that Microsoft makes?

It is a real pita when all you want to do is launch one program. you have to wait a considerable amount of time for control-center to load, then you have to hunt for icons scattered all over creation, then your system memory is used up by control center and also takes some time to launch after the icon is found.

Except for it being even less eye appealing than the windows variant, it is always in ICON view and cannot be changed to list view. It sure would be nice for simple menu entries where you could launch a desired program to return.

Jim

--
"Why should we subsidize intellectual curiosity?"
 -Ronald Reagan