Re: Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 10:08:06AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Smolt is a hardware profiler for Fedora so we can get a better idea of
> what type of hardware is out there in the Fedora universe.  It's still
> in beta but those of you running FC6 or newer (rawhide) can
> participate.
>
> Just type "yum install smolt"  followed by "smoltSendProfile".  All
> sends are anonymous and the only tie to hardware is via a UUID that
> gets sent.  We can't trace the UUID back to you without you giving us
> the UUID, which may be helpful for those experiencing hardware or
> driver issues.

Sounds interesting, so I tried. yum install smolt works, but there is no
smoltSendProfile . Looking through rpm -ql smolt output, the only thing
executable was /usr/share/smolt/client/sendProfile.py , which seems to
do the job . Is there an error in the rpm package or am I missing
something here?

David Jansen