Re: How to set up mirrors in Smart Package Manager?

On Wed January 31 2007, Martin Marques wrote:
> Here's an example from livna to use smart mirrors:
>
> http://rpm.livna.org/smart-mirrors.txt
>
> You use it like this:
>
> smart mirror --add http://rpm.livna.org/smart-mirrors.txt
>
> BTW, you shouldn't touch what's in /var/lib/smart/. Those files get
> changed by smart when you change things in /etc/smart/.
>
> Hope it helps.

At first glance, I was going to say that perhaps you'd missed some of the
discussion in the thread, and had missed the point. On second take, I see
possibilities. I do know how to configure mirrors using the GUI interface - I
haven't bothered because it is tedious and consumes much time, and I hadn't
found a need to. But, I can see where it would be much easier, perhaps, to
generate that little text file, then add all the mirrors at once using
the "add"  command - I'll have to try that - thanks for your input.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA