RE: caching nameserver

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 23:32 -0700, kwhiskerz kwhiskerz wrote:
> Yes, I realize that it runs from jail, but the .rpmsave files were
> never created, so where did they go? Is my system then still running
> with the old files? How do I get the new files?

I don't recall having that problem with mine, last time I updated BIND.

If RPM creates .rpmsave files, then you'd be running with the new files
and the rpmsave files would be your prior files, renamed.  The opposite
is when you get .rpmnew files - where you continue using your files, and
the new ones are left as the .rpmnew ones for you to manually sort out.

You could try modifying these files and updating the files again, using
the freshen option.  To see if it makes rpmsave files, again.  But it
sounds like you've lost your original files.  I presume you've also
looked outside of the chroot jail.

By the way, on this list you're encouraged not to top post, but to reply
under the bits you're responding to, and snip out stuff that doesn't
need repeating (interspersed usenet quoting style).