Re: DVD choppy

On 30/01/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tim:
>> If it mounts, even if not working well, you could see what's mounted
>> where by typing "mount" into the command line.

Dotan Cohen:
> Yes! /media/scd0

Though, the /dev/whatever part beside the /media/whatever is the
information you want to play with.

Yes, I figured as much.

>> What about the hardware browser?

> I can't seem to find it. It's certainly not in my Kmenu, and going
> through all that "locate browser" returned didn't lead me to it.
> What's the command to launch it?

Just "hwbrowser", it's probably not installed by default.  There's a HAL
browser, as well, that provides even more information.

Yummed it in. Turns out that the drive is a TS-L632D. Googling it
leads me to believe that the drive is IDE, so the solutions provided
here do not apply. But why is it mounted as /dev/s*** if it's IDE? I
thought that was reserved for SATA devices.

How does one enable DMA on an IDE drive, assuming that he knows it's
mounted on /dev/scd0?

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/471/taylor_james.html
http://essentialinux.com/basics.php