[OT] TeXLive 2007

TeXLive 2007 Has not been officially released yet, but it is getting
very close.

>From the TeXLive list, I'm guessing very early Feb. It seems like it is
mostly frozen and the current test release is only going to be slightly
modified if at all.

As I'm sure most TeX users on this list are aware, teTeX is not being
upstream maintained anymore, what direction Fedora will choose to take I
don't know. But teTeX is virtually the same macro code base as TeXLive
2004 and is thus rather crusty, lot of macros have had signifigant
updates.

In preparation for TeXLive 2007 I've written a small guide for
installing it in FC6 (using a test release). Comments on it, including
the negative kind, are most welcome. It's at the second half of a page
I'm writing for FC6 Thinkpad T20 notes.

Yes, I'm aware of some grammer issues that need fixin' - it still is a
work in progress. But if anything glares "wrong" or "it would be better
done this way" I'd love to hear it.

You can respond off-list -

mpeters@xxxxxxx

The (quite un-official) TeXLive 2007 installation procedure:

http://mpeters.us/tplinux/thinkpad.html#texlive

(page uses JavaScript - but if you are running a script blocker like I
do, you don't need to allow my site - the JavaScript is minimal and is
not essential)