Re: Installing Fedora Core 6 from USB

On 1/30/07, Evan Klitzke <eklitzke.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:04 +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Has anybody tried installing Fedora Core 6 from USB? I understand one
> has to download the diskboot.img file, dd it to the USB disk (dd
> if=diskboot.img of=/dev/sda), and that's it. I did these steps, but am
> unable to boot from the USB! My machine just bypasses the USB stick as
> if there was nothing bootable on it.

Rakhesh,

I posted a reply to another thread about this earlier this morning. If
you read the other thread (titled "Preparing a USB key for
installation") I have some tips. In particular, you don't need to dd the
drive and remove the partition table.

Thank you Evan. Infact, just after posting my message, I saw your
thread. I was going to sleep so couldn't test your steps out, but I
will definitely do so today evening once I get back home. Makes a lot
of sense -- you diagnosis and also the steps. :)

Will post my results later ...

Regards,
Rakhesh