Re: How to set up mirrors in Smart Package Manager?

on 01/27/2007 01:40 AM Claude Jones wrote:
On Sat January 27 2007, oleksandr korneta wrote:
Personally I didnt think about that too much, except maybe
"yeah, it would be nice to have something like that". Just because even
if had to create the .channel files manually, I had to do that only one
time, right after the system is installed. Another thing, is that the
maintainers of the repositories (particularly Livna) do not think about
providing the configuration packages for smart, like they usually do for
yum or even apt (???). So looks like someone should give them a little
push.

As regards Livna, if you install their livna-release package for FC6, you can subsequently look in /usr/share/doc/livna-release-6 and find there a script 'livna-smart-channels.sh' which you should run from a root terminal prompt 'sh livna-smart-channels.sh' - that will install the channels for Livna in Smart.

I take my words back. Seems like livna is the best out of all repositories in terms of supporting Smart since it even specifies the mirrors. How come that I never knew about this script? Is there a documentation somewhere?

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./