Re: OT? VDQ Terminal emulators under FC6

Beartooth wrote:
> On another list, one poster made a marginal enthusiastic remark, saying
>
> > I love the new 256-color + transparency support for xterm, it works great
> > in Fedora Core 6 using mrxvt.
>
> Very Dumb Question : is there somewhere I can get a rundown on the
> differing virtues of whatever-all terminal emulators are available?

Well, http://lwn.net/Articles/88161/ dates from 2004, but is a very good
overview. The comments are worth reading, too.

Warning -- gnome-terminal *supports* 256 colours, but the default TERM
setting of xterm doesn't. And there's no way (that I've found) to change
the default TERM setting without recompiling.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | [Training spam filters] is somewhat like house-training a
aprilcottage.co.uk | puppy: it's a painful process, involving contact with